Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day

I just love Fathers Day. L-O-V-E. My kids put away their sarcasm for the day. Mrs. Vulture ladles out the kindness and thoughtfulness all the live-long day. And, of course, there's gifts.

But the best gift of all is to be a father in the first place. What a blessing! My boys have made my life much richer and more meaningful. I love them dearly, and have enjoyed watching them progress from little velvet-skinned babies to full-size, hairy men. They've given me much to be proud of. They've loved me far more and far better than I deserved. They're in my heart forever.

A Fathers Day shout out to yodaddy, dw, and mark (to whom happy birthday wishes are also in order, ya old man). God's blessings be with you on this day.

Special prayers are in order for Luke Russert, who lost his dad, Tim, late last week. I can't imagine the pain of having Fathers Day fall just days after you've lost your dad to a sudden heart attach.

*------------------------------------*
*------------------------------------*