Friday, August 15, 2008

The sheeple have spoken

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly get any more pessimistic about the restoration of our freedoms, I come across this little tidbit.

Nearly half of Americans (47%) believe the government should require all radio and television stations to offer equal amounts of conservative and liberal political commentary

31% believe the Internet sites should be forced to balance their commentary
Okay. I want you to focus on certain keywords.

Require.
Force.

Even with the words "force" and "require" (the same thing when we're talking about government), these empty-headed sheeple thought that speech limitation is a swell idea.

I can't believe there is one person who favors the limitation of speech via government coercion, let alone almost half the f'ing populous!!!

Good God.

*------------------------------------*
*------------------------------------*