Monday, November 10, 2008

AOL responds

In all of the excitement of the election and whatnot, I neglected to pass on to you the response I got from AOL regarding my scathing Wiener of the Week post on 11/1. Was I surprised to hear from AOL? You bet your sweet bippy I was! Who would have thought that my little blog, with its tiny following, would be worthy of the attention of a multi-million dollar corporation?

This is, verbatim, what AOL said in an email to me on 11/3.

Dear Mr. Fullmer,

I understand via your blog that you recently experienced some issues with the AOL Pictures site. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Although you may have experienced some problems accessing your images through your website, we want you to know that we have not deleted these images or their permalinks in any way and that the permalinks will not be impacted until 12/31/2008. If anything, you were unable to access your images simply due to the overwhelming traffic we have experienced in response to our communications with users with respect to the AOL Pictures service. We have put additional servers in place to accommodate this increase in traffic and believe that you should be able to view your images via the permalinks and embed code as you have in the past.

We encourage you to visit the AOL Pictures site (pictures.aol.com) to make future arrangements for your images. Again we apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have any questions about the closure or transition options for AOL Pictures, please feel free to respond to this address, and we will be more than happy to help you out.

Sincerely,
The AOL Pictures Team
Pretty nice, right? However.........

It is indisputable that my images all disappeared. Yes, I know - the original pictures are still there. They just don't "show" anywhere.

It is certain that, had I not gone to the extraordinary efforts of that weekend, my blog would still look like ass.

I appreciate that AOL has apologized. But I am still salty about the suddenness with which a previously reliable service provider suddenly yanked the rug out from under me.

But I'm not one to hold a grudge. And AOL's sincere apology has left me feeling mollified. I'll go back to rooting for the Capitals again. :)

Thanks, AOL, for taking the time to respond. It is appreciated.

*------------------------------------*
*------------------------------------*