Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wiener of the Week

There could only be one possible candidate for the WotW for this week - the Vulture. Yes, ladies and germs, we have our first three time winner, and it's me. Doh!

So...why am I awarding myself the WotW THIS time? Here's the skinny.

As you will recall, I made a post last Saturday in which I savaged "Harry Anonymous" for comments he made that I determined were offensive to Christians of a Protestant persuasion. I really went off on Mr. Harry as only I can when frothing with righteous indignation. It's both a talent and a curse.

Well, Mrs. Vulture read the post later this past week, and her response was less than enthusiastic. "How old are you?", she asked. "'Grow a set?' What's wrong with you?" What's wrong with me indeed.

Upon further review, my lambasting of Mr. Harry was W-A-Y over the top. As such, I officially apologize to Harry, who, I'm sure, full of his Mormon surety of exceptionalness, had no idea he was in any way being offensive to "real" Christians (can I make a left-handed apology, or what?). Okay, what I mean to say is that there was no excuse for the meanness of my response. I could have been just as excoriating without getting personal.

So, for being a mean-spirited quasi-juvenile over-the-top mean bastard, I, the Vulture, am the Wiener of the Week.

*------------------------------------*
*------------------------------------*