Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Crackpots in the news

There are crackpots, and then there are crackpots. This guy takes the cake.

During these turbulent economic times, Gordon Brown is keen for the country to stick by him.

However, this probably wasn't quite what he had in mind.

Dan Glass, of the climate change pressure group Plane Stupid, today tried to superglue himself to the Prime Minister at a Downing Street reception.
Let's see. If I want to get my point across about how important I feel it is to take action against Global Warming (article of faith #1 for my secular religion), I should (a) engage the Prime Minister in conversation in an earnest and sincere manner, (b) ask the PM for a chance to meet with him later to discuss the issue, or (c) pull some lame-ass stunt so that I can get my picture in the paper. They choose (c) every time. Every stinkin' time.

And they wonder why they're called "moonbats" and aren't taken seriously by anyone...

*------------------------------------*
*------------------------------------*