Thursday, September 4, 2008

Who, when, where...how?

This Vulture frequently checks the obituary page of Frederick's fine newspaper, the News-Post. And, no, smart-ass, it's not to make sure that I'm not listed there! It's an interesting study in human character. You get a glimpse in how the deceased's loved ones choose to eulogize them of the character of both the deceased and the survivors.

But every time I read the obits I end up getting frustrated. Why? Because no one ever lists the cause of death. Why is that? I mean, c'mon! I'm getting to an age where, when I see that someone under the age of 60 has died, I'd really like to know why. Was it cancer? An accident? Shot by a jealous husband? What if a statistically improbable number of Frednecks are dying of a certain kind of cancer? Wouldn't that be information the general community could really use?

People, please! When you write an obit, tell us the cause of death!

*------------------------------------*
*------------------------------------*