Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The DoublePlusGoodHopeChange era begins

Here we are, Day One of a new era. Hail King Obama!

After the election, I wrote a post speculating on what kind of president Obama would be. You might want to read it. It's one of my better posts, if I say so myself.

But if I were to write that same post today, I'd be less certain that Obama might fall into one of the four presidential categories I defined. Circumstances have changed. Obama isn't a stupid man; he knows that we are in the midst of an economic crisis that could have calamitous consequences if it gets too much worse. He's already starting to back off from some of his campaign promises (you know, the one's that would have added a trillion dollars in new spending). He's even talking about tax cuts.

I wish him well. He certainly wasn't my choice for president. But he's got the hardest job in the world and he's inherited a hell of a mess from King George the Dim. My prayer is that he would set aside his ideology and show wisdom in the choices he makes as president. Our nation's survival may depend on those choices.

*------------------------------------*
*------------------------------------*