Thursday, March 6, 2008

Flight 93 shot down?

xfloggingkylex contributed the following.

http://www.flight93crash.com/flight93_secondary_debris_field.html#2nd

Check that out. We talked for a minute in class today (terrorism and justice) about 9/11, and our teacher mentioned how she was watching BBC on 9/11 and there were reports of Flight 93 smoking before it crashed. Yeah it sounds crazy, but I think it would be wrong to completely deny the possibility of flight 93 having been shot down. Let me know what you think.
What I think. Do I go there? I don't want to be linked in with Art Bell types who wear aluminum foil helmets and get abducted by aliens. But this is something that I've suspected for some time.

Consider the sequence of events on 9/11. One plane has crashed (into WTC tower 1). Another plane has crashed (into WTC tower 2). Now a plane has crashed into the Pentagon. The FAA orders all that all commercial and private flights land immediately. The Air Force scrambles jets - there is considerable controversy now about WHEN the jets were scrambled, but my personal recollection is that I was aware of jets being scrambled before we heard anything about Flight 93.

The news is reporting that any plane that remains airborne and refuses to land will be shot down. Again, nothing has been heard about Flight 93 prior to this point. Later it was revealed that Flight 93 was indeed a target of the interceptors.
The 9/11 Commission reported that "authorities suggested that U.S. air defenses had reacted quickly, that jets had been scrambled in response to the last two hijackings and that fighters were prepared to shoot down United Airlines Flight 93 if it threatened Washington".
Now we hear that Flight 93 is down, in Pennsylvania. Was it shot down? I always suspected that it was, stories of courageous passengers storming the cockpit notwithstanding. Why would the government lie about such a thing? Why did they lie about Jessica Lynch? Or Pat Tillman? Who knows? Maybe they didn't want to own up to having killed US citizens. All I know is that it's feasible. That's all I'm saying.

*------------------------------------*
*------------------------------------*