Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wiener of the Week

What a week! Just when I thought Joe Biden had a mortal lock on the WotW, along comes a finalist for Wiener of the Year!

This week, in a break from tradition, I'm going to name the two runners-up who, in a normal week, would have been easy WotW wieners. This week was one of those exceptional weeks where the wieners were just too plentiful to believe.

2nd runner up - Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers. Takes a costly penalty and gets ejected BY HIS OWN HEAD COACH. Nice job, asshat!

1st runner up - Joe Biden, for his (obvious but damaging) pronouncement that Obama is going to get challenged by those outside the US because of his lack of experience. Talk about giving aid and comfort to the enemy!

The wiener - professional victim Ashley Todd, who faked a knife attack and blamed it on a black supporter of Obama.

You'll recall that last Friday, instead of a normal post, I instead did a "coming attractions" post. That was because I had originally planned to post concerning this "attack" but held back because something didn't smell right (besides my gym bag). I kept coming back to the superficial nature of the wounds and the fact that she refused medical treatment. Now, what woman in her right mind is going to refuse treatment after a real knife attack?

I kept flashing back to the Black professor who spray painted 'KKK' on his door and blamed racists, and the Jewish professor (why does it always seem to be someone associated with a university?) who painted swastikas on her car and blamed anti-semites. It just didn't smell right. I decided to give it a day to shake out before I touched it.

Now you might be saying, "Uh-huh, S-U-U-U-U-U-R-E you did!", but you have to remember that this Vulture has a most acute bullshit detector. Besides, why would I lie? I mean, just because the professors and that BFH Ashley Todd did...

For pulling a ridiculous stunt that further inflames racial tensions in this country and ultimately hurt the candidate you support, Ashley Todd, you're the Wiener of the Week.

*------------------------------------*
*------------------------------------*