Thursday, February 7, 2008

Fait Accompli

As if it wasn't bad enough for serious conservatives (read: non-libertarian conservatives or conservatives concerned with "viability") who had to swallow hard and vote for Mitt "flip-flop" Romney in a vain effort to prevent a John McCommie landslide. Now there's no choice left at all.

Mitt Romney suspended his faltering presidential campaign on Thursday, effectively sealing the Republican presidential nomination for John McCain. "I must now stand aside, for our party and our country," Romney told conservatives.

"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror," Romney told the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington.
I call BS. Romney got squeezed out because the Team Elephant establishment wanted to nip in the bud the conservative uprising against McCommie.

Now all of you "viability" types get to choose between McCommie or "Jimmy Carter Redux" - excuse me, Mike Huckabee. Or, like me, you could ACTUALLY VOTE ON PRINCIPLE. Ron Paul is still out there, people. He's still the only legitimate candidate for president who doesn't wipe his ass with the Constitution. If you're really as disgusted with McCommie as you claim to be, then vote Paul and REALLY piss off the establishment.

*------------------------------------*
*------------------------------------*